What Does the BMW Inspection 1 Include?
We at North Bay Bavarian know the value of preventative maintenance and inspections. There are two scheduled inspections and maintenance points for your bimmer and it is important to keep them in check, or you can really trash your car. BMW Inspection 1 includes a road test, tune-up, and pretty much everything from under your BMW, to the tire and wheels, hood, body, and interior.
Your first BMW inspection typically occurs at 20,000 miles, but you should always change the oil in your BMW every three months or 3,000 miles along with the filter. Don’t wait for that 15,000-mile mark.
BMW Inspection 1 Services
- tires/tread, wear, alignment, pressure, spare, grease wheel center hubs
- brake, clutch, parking brake cables, connectors, lines, leaks, and incorrect positioning, brake disk surface, brake pads and calipers
- steering, suspension, track rods, linkage, join disc, front joints, and power steering.
- fuel tank, lines, connections (leaks), engine oil, and filter oil while the engine is at normal operating temperature
- Condition, position, and mounting of exhaust and exhaust system.
- Diagnostic system codes using advanced code reader and BMW technology.
- Diagnose engine cooling system, heater, hose connections, coolant level, antifreeze, and air condition system for operation.
- Check brake/clutch fluid in reservoir
- Top of windshield washer fluid
- Reset service indicator
- Perform battery load test, check battery electrolyte levels (add distilled water if req.)
- Check entire BMW light system: headlights, foglights, taillights, parking, license plate, interior, backup, glove, flashlight, illuminated makeup mirrors, luggage compartment, instrument panel, dashboard illumination, all warning/indicator lights, turn signals, hazard warning flashers, brake lights, horns, headlight dimmer and flasher switch.
- Check wiper, washer, blades, and jet positions
- Check condition/functionality of seat belts
- Oil trunk, hood, door hinges, latches/functionality
- Check central locking system
- Replace microfilter in HVAC system, check heater/air conditioner blower, rear window defogger, rearview mirrors
- Visually examine SRS airbag units
- Ensure window locks are working properly.
- Test Drive.