Mini Cooper Summer Maintenance
The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and the open air is calling your Mini Cooper’s name to come jet around the streets of Santa Rosa.
Because the Santa Rosa area gets a little more crowded over the summer months, it’s important to ensure that your Mini Cooper will be able to handle whatever the roads throw at it. Whether it’s your dependency on your A/C in the long hours of road construction or an out-of-the-blue pothole you must meticulously avoid, North Bay Bavarian wants to make sure that your Mini Cooper is running at its finest.
North Bay Bavarian is Santa Rosa’s local, Mini repair expert. Because we are a performance driven shop, we understand the mechanics of this very performance-oriented vehicle. Newer model Minis are quite a bit faster than their predecessors and because of this, proper care and everyday maintenance are must, especially in the summer time.
Mini Cooper Musts from North Bay Bavarian:
- Change your oil every 3,000 miles.
- Have minor Mini engine repair services every 15,000 miles.
- Have major Mini engine repair services performed every 30,000 miles.
To keep your Mini Cooper running smoothly and reliably this summer, it is important to keep your eyes on a few things.
- Fluids: Obvious, right? But, seriously. Fluids go a lot quicker in the heat. Make sure you are checking your oil, coolant, washer, power-steering, and transmission fluid at least every other time you’re stopping for gas.
- Filters: To keep your Mini Cooper running like the day you bought it, ensure that you are replacing the air and fuel filters so she can breathe properly in the midst of this heat.
- Battery: Hot temperatures are particularly detrimental to Mini Cooper batteries. Keep all battery components clean and check for rust.
These are the main components for “under-the-hood” Mini Cooper repair and maintenance. North Bay Bavarian is happy to do a full inspection of your Mini Cooper before any major summer excursion you may be planning. Don’t get stuck in the summer heat, contact the certified Mini Cooper mechanics at North Bay Bavarian. We can fix issues that dealerships can’t.